Cybersecurity Product Testing & Selection: Products, Services, MSSPs and Cyber Insurance solutions
The cybersecurity landscape is complex with new companies, products and services launched daily. As consequence, the selection of Cybersecurity Products, Services, MSSPs and Cyber Insurance solutions, becomes a challenging task.
Moreover, new buzzwords arise introducing new technologies promising to be a paradigm shift to address a specific cybersecurity challenge.
In this environment, Innovation, Procurement and Purchase departments struggle to define the right strategy among the existing options: to acquire commercial products, to follow an open source strategy or to build those solutions in-house.
Finally, the cybersecurity industry is plagued with products and services marketed by gross overstatements of their capabilities.
The Smartrev Cybersec team has a wealth of experience in Product Testing and Selection, Product Claims Auditing, MSSP and Cyber Insurance.
Our experience with over 3000 cybersecurity companies and 9000 products classified within over 200 categories puts us in a unique position to support you during this process, reducing risk and optimizing resources.
Each Product Selection engagement begins with a kick-off with our team, to review your goals, our process and to answer your questions. Then, leveraging our existing research assets and extending them with insight specific to the unique context of your project, we will shortlist and contact the security product or service vendors to obtain information, specs, and licensing to configure our lab environment.
We keep your team updated through dedicated, instant communication channels.
Our team will conduct a rigorous process with inputs from our own existing research, lab testing and peer reviews.
With all this information we will prepare a deliverable addressing all the pre-agreed goals of the engagement, giving you reasonable time for review and providing the support needed.
Our Unique Methodology
- Independence: our analysis, research methodology and consulting processes take an impartial and unbiased approach. We are not tied to specific vendors – whether they are product, consulting & services or cyber risk and insurance companies – markets, or technologies.
- Global, regional, or local approach depending on your specific needs.
- Pragmatic and customized approach to maximize the value: leveraging existing research assets, extending them with insight specific to the unique context of your organization, needs and expectations.
- Lab testing: whenever possible we will test specs and features in our staged lab allowing us to see first-hand how products work.
- Vendor Risk Management: our holistic approach takes third-party risk into consideration, freeing up your organization from the vendor due diligence and risk assessment process, helping your company save valuable time and resources in order to focus on more strategic tasks.